Monday, March 28, 2011

Trip to NC

We arrived at Stephen's mom's one bedroom apartment Thursday around 6:30 pm and had chicken & dumplins with Nana, Nana's friend Bill, Aunt Charity, her fiance, Kevin and cousins...Soulea, Mirzanna, Devonne and Makayla.  The mass of cousins played legos cheerfully for a LONG time.  It was delightful.  Next day we hung out with the same crowd and the kids played more legos, hide and go seek and many other creative activities in and around Nana's apartment.  The sheer mass of us, somehow, did not knock her walls down.

Saturday, we drove to Stephen's cousin, Joey's house.  There were at least 5 aunts and uncles, 1 Papa and four grown cousins...each with their spouse and passle of children in 1 house.  It was SUCH  a good time.  Lots of cousins going berserk together.  The rain held off so that the kids could have a good chance to get dirty, fall in creeks and scream at each other before we forced them to play inside. :)  Then piggy back rides, rock star competitions and spying games insued.  The food was WAY to good during the whole trip.  I think I gained 10 pounds.  Guess I'll be doing a lot of dance, dance revolution.

We were supposed to spend a cozy Saturday night hanging out with Stephen's dad at his house.  I rudely interrupted this arrangement when some nasty abdominal pains struck.  I was trying to tell Stephen I was fine.  But then I couldn't walk and there was no convincing him.  I DID manage to talk him out of an ambulance...because what always happens to me is this.  I hurt badly.  People rush me to the hospital.  Pain goes completely away once in a room.  They send me home.  We get bills.

Well, Stephen drove me to the hospital leaving the kids with his dad.  He was WAY nervous about me.  As the pain increased and weird pressure feeling things started happening, I started freaking out some, myself.  His mom met us at the hospital and obtained me a warm blanket since my teeth were chattering.  (I'm sorry, but hospitals are COLD.)  They couldn't find anything wrong, except a mild bacterial infection.  I'm laying there in the hospital bed feeling great!  NO PAIN!  What the eggplant?!

They give me an antibiotic and send me home.  I'm thinking I'm all better.  Only to discover that when I stand up, the pain returns.  Next day, we leave to come home via all of the major cities possible so as to pass many  hospitals.  To say Stephen was anxious to get me home would be a VAST understatement.  He made me promise to make a Dr apptment.  I did.  They can fit me in NEXT Tuesday.

Today, I was fine.  This seems to be a pattern? 

I'm just going to be grateful....and we really had a WONDERFUL time with his family.

Thanks to everyone who was praying!  So much!!!


  1. Mindy, please call me at any time if I can help you in any way. I am so thankful for the way God takes care of you. :)

  2. So glad you're doing alright! I've been praying. Sounds like your trip was so fun other than that!

  3. "What the eggplant" are funny! I will pray that the Lord will lead the doctors in the right direction and that if there is something that needs to be discovered they will find it and fix it. I don't like medical mysteries. It is hard to feel bad and then when medical help is there for your body to play the trick of "I'm all better now." Mine plays that card all to well. Love you and glad you had a good trip besides the illness. Kristin S.